OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
SYOKIMAU RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION (SRA) 2017/19 STRATEGIC PLAN
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The 2017/19 Strategic Plan is adopted, updated and revised from the 2015/17 Strategic Plan of the Syokimau Residents Association (SRA). It sets forth strategies for the long-term strength and life of SRA. The Plan will be used by the Executive Committee, its working Committees and management to guide their operational and capital budget planning decisions and day-to-day implementation of these decisions. It will also serve as a learning and communications guide to new leadership as well as new members of SRA.
The 2017/19 Strategic Plan is a living document and should be viewed as a permanent, continuous process of planning for the future and a vehicle for facilitating community consensus on important issues.
The 2017/19 Strategic Plan is comprehensive and detailed. To facilitate understanding, a summary of essential strategic goals underlying the plan is presented below.
The Syokimau Residents Associated was incorporated in 2010, the main objective was to improve the Quality of Life of the residents. Quality of life refers to the general well-being experienced by residents of Syokimau. Indicators of quality of life include, good roads, provision of water, security, a pleasant, community environment; opportunities for recreation and leisure; and a sense of safety and social belonging. A high quality of life increases resident satisfaction and promotes community cooperation and compliance with rules and regulations.
To be the preferred model estate in Kenya.
To make syokimau estate a first class estate where residents enjoy high quality standards of life through advocacy for provision of community facilities and services.
SRA MOTTO: Achieving more, Together!
SRA STRATEGIC PILLARS
Our Vision to preserve and enhance Syokimau as the preferred model estate in Kenya, we aspire to make this Vision valid through strategies in ten primary pillars of our strategic plan as follows:
- Membership and Mobilization-Encourage active involvement of our members.
- Security -Managing security as our top priority.
- Infrastructure- Effective management of the physical planning and facilities.
- Water and Sanitation- Safe Water and provision of sanitation for everyone.
- Residents Welfare and Publicity – Increase visibility of SRA and enhance welfare of the residents.
- Youth – Promote youth agenda.
- Investment – Explore opportunities to raise funds for SRA.
- Environment -Promoting a safe environment.
- Legal- Enforcement of the SRA Policies and Regulations
- Land Matters-.
- Treasury-Effective management of financial resources.
- Members first- we shall always put the interest of members/residents first.
- Integrity- we shall conduct ourselves ethically with sense of honesty, fairness and respect for others.
- Environmental Sanity- we are a responsible citizen committed to the health and safety of the people protection of the environment and compliance with the laws and regulations, and with SRA policies.
- Volunteerism-We shall be available to offer and embrace voluntary service from members and operate as a team.
- Transparency- We shall endeavor to encourage open access to information, participation and decision making which ultimately creates a high level of trust amongst members and other stakeholders.
- Accountability- We shall acknowledge and be responsible for our actions, successes and failures.
- Partnership- We shall work together with the National and County government, their agencies and other affiliated organizations.
THE SWOT ANALYSIS
The table below shows the Strengths and Opportunities of SRA
- Visionary leadership from management
- A well informed team of professionals leading SRA committees
- Credible track record with donors and partners
- Strong linkages with like-minded associations, individuals, county governments and government agencies
- Enabling legal and political environment at the ward, county and national level.
- Hard working and committed community ready to volunteer during activities
Devolution of governments and government functions closer to local communities
The Strategic plan will focus on both the services and the SRA culture. The plan will help drive financial and operational plans to ensure SRA remains a premier Estate of Choice, therefore enhancing property values.
The SRA Strategic plan acknowledges the relationship between the Association and both the National and County governments and provides mechanisms to enhance this relationship. Our plan recognizes the importance of participating in county/regional/ state political processes, business organizations, and other stakeholders that could impact the fundamental goals and vision of the SRA.
The Executive Committee (ExCom) will work with 10 committees devoted to each of the strategic pillars. The completion of action steps shall serve as a benchmark to measure ExCom’s success in meeting the strategic objectives. At each annual meeting, ExCom will include in its report the activities that have been completed and/or report barriers to completion.
Financial Implications of the Strategic Plan
We acknowledge that portions of the Strategic Plan may involve funding not presently reflected in the SRA budget and for which no source of funding presently exists. It is not the intention of the SRA Executive Committee to authorize implementation of any part of the Strategic Plan in the absence of existing or sufficient SRA funds.
However, the plan through its associated strategies and standing committee recommendations should be used as information and input into the SRA financial budgeting process.
Strategic Pillars and Activities
The Strategic Plan recognizes that one of the strongest assets of the community is the cohesiveness and sense of community pride evident among its residents. It is important that the community’s culture is supportive of the objectives, strategies and actions contained within the Strategic Plan. Only through active community support and communications can the culture continue to evolve and reinforce our core values and principles that are important to ensure that sense of community pride that is necessary to maintain Syokimau as a premier Estate of Choice.